5 quick homecures for heartburn
Over the counter medicines are run by drug companies. In the most fundamental sense, they are businesses. The main aim for a business besides providing some kind of service is to generate profit. It’s all about profit. Needless to say, heartburn and indegestion over the counter medications are a large part of a drug companies revenue due to the sheet amount people purchasing these on a daily basis.
When it comes to acid reflux and heartburn, a lot of people do not realise that these can be treated at home at a minimal cost compared to over the counter medication. I will suggest 5 homec cures for heartburn which are easily accessible, cheap and fast acting.
1. Lemon juice – Lemon juice is an effective home cure for heartburn. There are many ways to prepare it. A freshly squeezed lemon mixed in with cold water or straight lemons into a fruit juice all have the same effect in most cases. They seem to soothe and eliminate heartburn. I personally like my lemon juice diluted in some cold water as straight lemon juice is a touch too sour for my linking. Try this home cure for heartburn and let me know how it works for you!
2. Apples – Apples are a miracle fruit. Not only do they keep the doctor away, the also keep the heartburn away too. Red apples are renowned for their acid reflux busting abilities and make a greeat home cure for heartburn. I usually have my apples after a meal and as a snack in between meals and this simple method has kept me heartburn free for many months!
3. Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate) – This rather ghastly concoction works on a very obvious principle. It neutralises the acid in the stomach. Think of it as a very powerful jet of water extinguising a persistent flame. It does it in record time. I first discovered this in Africa. In Africa, bicarbonate of soda is incorporated in the diet as it’s an essential ingredient in cooking green vegetables like pumpkin leaf and okra! I found that after consumin these dishes, I would have no heartburn after meals. Then I tried sodium bicarbonate with water and the same effect was realised. This was an accidental discovery because after a bit of research on the wed, I then learned that it had been used as a heartburn remedy for decades. My discovery was purely serendipitous.
4. Milk – I like milk. I like it a lot. It tastes luxurious, it’s good for you and it also helps stop my heartburn. My only issue is it upsets my stomach (I’m mildly intolerant to lactose). I find that if I have milk with cereals or in a milkshae, the lactose intolerance symptoms disappear altogether. I personally take a banana and mix it woith milk and this helps eliminate my heartburn. As a home cure for heartburn. milk has to be the most accessible as most people are a fridge door away from it.
5. Tropical fruit juice – Home cures for hertburn don’t come more delicous than this. How delicious is a tropical fruit cocktail? It’s purely delicious. yes I’ve said delicious four times now! I just love it. I love it more because it soothes my heartburn. I perosnally prefer a tropical cocktail but the individual juices (i.e. pineapple, papaya, guava, melon, watermelon) are just as good.