Governor Kathy Hochul today announced that the Eleventh Annual Minority and Women-Owned Business Forum will be held December 14-16 at the Albany Capital Center.
“New York’s diversity is its greatest strength – I’m thrilled to be able to host our annual Minority and Women-Owned Business Forum in person this year with virtual components that will ensure that anyone wishing to attend has the Possibility of”, Governor Hochul said. “This year’s event is sure to be the best yet, with a wide array of speakers and multiple days of workshops and discussions. Minority and women-owned small businesses deserve every opportunity to thrive in our State and these resources will prove invaluable as we work to bring our economy back from the difficulties induced by the pandemic.”
This year’s forum will be a dynamic multi-day hybrid virtual and in-person experience that will provide MWBEs from all industries the opportunity to forge new professional relationships and become more competitive in an ever-changing marketplace. For in-person participants, proof of vaccination and masks will be required. Learn more about the forum and register here.
Workshops and roundtables to provide information on New York State MWBE certification and business development resources, basic procurement training, and guidance to the MWBE community to leverage up to $1 billion in contract opportunities with the State of New York.
New York State-certified MWBEs who wish to participate in the virtual forum, but who may not be able due to economic hardship related to COVID-19, are encouraged to contact the Division’s Customer Service Center from ESD Minority and Women’s Business Development to [email protected] to explore the options.
Speakers will include:
- Julissa Gutierrez, Director of Diversity for New York State
- Hope Knight, interim president and CEO of Empire State Development
- Jerome A. DuVal, Executive Vice President and Executive Director, Minority and Women’s Business Development Division, Empire State Development
- Chris Alexander, Executive Director of the Office of Cannabis Management
- Adrienne A. Harris, Acting Superintendent of the Department of Financial Services
- Doreen Harris, President and CEO of the New York State Energy Research and Development Authority
- Ruth Hassell-Thompson, Special Advisor for Policy and Community Affairs, New York State Homes and Community Renewal
- Reuben McDaniel, President and CEO of New York State Dormitory Authority
- Jeanette Moy, Acting Commissioner of the General Service Office
- Sandra Rivera, Senior Advisor to the Governor for Legislative Affairs