the Illinois Department of Transportation is hosting free virtual workshops in February as part of its ongoing Building Blocks of Success series for companies interested in participating in the Disadvantaged Business Enterprise program, building their skills and bidding on public construction projects.
The dates and themes of the workshops are:
- February 8 — 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Basic Math for Payment Elements -1
- February 9 — 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Basic Math for Payment Elements – 2
- February 10 — 10 a.m. to noon: Basic Math for Payment Items – 3
- February 14 — 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Meet the RE, Construction Supervisor and Construction Office Manager
- February 22 — 10 a.m. to noon: What banks are looking for: Basic requirements
- February 23 — 10 a.m. to noon: Understanding how banks make lending decisions
Future topics covered include financing, QuickBooks training, estimating and bidding, insurance, management, the steps needed to be certified as a DBE business and more.
Building Blocks of Success will continue through April. Workshop information, including dates and times, is available through Eventbrite at bit.ly/DBEworkshops. Prior registration is required.
Questions can be directed to IDOT’s DBE Resource Center at (312) 939.1100.
As part of the Rebuild Illinois program, IDOT is helping complete the largest capital program in state history. IDOT strives to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion in the delivery of this program, including outsourcing and workforce participation.
Administered by IDOT, the DBE program provides eligible minorities, women, and other small businesses with opportunities to participate in federally and state-funded highway, transit, and airport contracts. For more information on how to become a certified DBE and to learn more about the IDOT resources available, visit www.idot.illinois.gov/dbe.
SOURCE: IDOT press release